The Windows has always been great and connecting all your devices and with Windows 10 it’s going to be further than it. With Windows 10 you can expect to be connected with your phones having any OS whether Android, iOS or Windows phone and this responsibility goes to Phone Companion app built-in in Windows 10.
By using Phone Companion you’ll connect your phone to your Windows easily and feel like if using your PC like your phone for e.g: If you’re using an iOS device then you can install OneDrive app and won’t miss out any of your files on your Windows 10, it means that if once you’ve installed OneDrive app on your iOS device then, of course, it will sync all the photos to your windows and the same with music and documents. Also, you can do the same with Android and Windows phone, if you’re using Windows phone then you will no need of anything, all the things are included to connect it with PC. So in this article we will take a look at using phone companion app and connecting our phone devices to it, so let’s get started.
Setup & use Phone Companion App in Windows
Before start setting phone companion, you’ll need to sign in with your Microsoft account or you can sign up from here and then sign in to it. When signed in, also, connect your phone device to Windows using it’s USB Cable.
1. Open Start Menu and just click on Phone Companion app right there.
2. When opened, make sure your device is connected and unlocked then choose your phone by clicking on it.
3. After selecting, you will be asked your windows password, enter it and then you’re ready for connecting. Here you can get started with the app you love to connect so to do it just click on the app you want to sync it on your windows. Here I am choosing Photos so you can choose any and follow the steps the same.
5. Ok, after the App downloaded on your phone, open OneDrive and sign in with your Microsoft account when got signed in, mark (I’m signed into the OneDrive app on my iPhone or iPad) and click Next.
6. Now it’s time to get turn on camera upload so that the photos can automatically sync, to do it open OneDrive app on your phone and click on Photos and click on Turn on in front of Camera upload like the shot below.
7. Once the Camera Upload turned on, on phone companion mark (I’ve turned on Camera Upload in the OneDrive app on my iPhone or iPad) and click Next.
8. In this step, you don’t need to do almost anything, after turning on Camera Upload, the photos will sync into OneDrive depending on your photos, videos amount, wait until the sync finish and then click Done on the Phone Companion or you can click Done as well before sync finish.
Finally, when the syncing finished, you can have and see your pictures, music and documents on your PC like the shot below.
That’s all about using phone companion also you can use the other features too like Cortana, Groove(music and others like the steps. If you have any question, suggestion or idea we are ready to response. Also, you can share it with your friends to make them known and enjoy this too.