Credentials are the security of technology and credentials of the web, windows or any other credentials/passwords are the important piece of every devices and website login. Of course, you don’t want anyone to access these credentials or lose them. So, you need to manage them whether a backup or remove them fully that would be not accessible for others. In order to do these, you don’t need anything to buy or install any software etc due to it’s exactly inside your PC automatically but you don’t know it. In this article I will cover on managing saved credentials in Windows 8 & 10 profile, so let’s move on.
Manage Saved Credentials of Web & Windows
The managing is easy with full personalizing so try to manage fully and let no one reach it.
1. Open Control Panel from run and click on User Accounts.
2. Now click on Credential Manager to see, manage web & windows credentials saved in windows.
3. When entered in Credential Manager, first you’ll see the Web Credentials that consists of your saved logon information for websites, connected applications and networks. So to manage it click on the credential and you can see and remove it, to see just click on Show and you will be asked for windows password, enter it and you will see immediately.
4. Ok, after viewing and managing web credentials, it’s time to manage Windows Credential so click on it and start managing. Here you can find all the credentials of any part of windows you’ve been connected, to manage them just click on the credential and you can edit or remove. Also you can backup or restore credentials.
5. Before removing the credentials, I know that you don’t want them to be lost like this, means you should backup them, to do a backup click on Backup Credentials and when it opened, you will be asked where to save the backup, just click on browse and select a folder and click Next, as Microsoft recommeneds to save it in a removable media instead of saving it in hard disk because this can help you when the hard disk is lost or damaged.
Notice: This backup only includes of Windows Credentials not Web Credentials that saved in your browser.
6. Now press Ctrl+Alt+Del then you will need to enter a password for the credential backup, enter a password and click Next.
Notice: Remember the password you’ve entered, it will be asked when you want to restore credentials.
And that’s it, you’ve successfully backed up and managed saved credentials in your computer click Finish.
After the backup, you can restore it while you’ve lost or damaged, to restore click on Restore Credentials on the Credential Manager page and browse the file, click Next and press Ctrl+Alt+Del then you will be asked for the password, enter the password and click Next then click Finish, it will be restored successfully.
We love to ask you how was it, need your feedback about the article.