Most of the today’s computers includes hardware virtualization features that have lots of advantages like Server Consolidation – Means ten server applications can be run on a single machine at the same time, Testing and development – Enable us to test or deploy OS by virtualizing, Enhance reliability & security – Virtualization of systems help prevent system crashes due to memory corruption caused by software and many more. Not only it gives us these advantages but also it makes our work easier like installing OS, setup virtual machines and some more. That’s why this time I’ve decided to show you how to enable Intel VT-X & AMD virtualization on PC, VMware, VirtualBox, so let’s get started.
Enable Intel VT-X Virtualization on PC
There are two ways to enable Virtualization technology on PC, – UEFI firmware, -BIOS here at the first we will take a look at enabling VT-x from firmware then we will move forward.
1. Go to Settings> Update & Security>Recovery and click on Restart Now under Advanced Start-up.
2. While restarting your computer, choose Troubleshoot>Advanced option>UEFI Firmware settings>click Restart.
Note: If you don’t have the UEFI Firmware settings then no problem, you’ll find the VT-x virtualization option in the BIOS or boot menu.
3. On the boot menu, navigate to Advanced options/Configuration and find out Intel Virtual Technology and enable it by pressing F6.
4. Now comes to the enable VT-X from BIOS, so power on or restart your computer if it’s powered on and while restarting when the first page appears press the BIOS key to enter into BIOS menu. When entered, select BIOS Setup and on the BIOS setup page select System configuration and you’ll find the Virtualization Technology option to enable, just press F6 to change it from disable to enable.
Here are the BIOS Key for your computer:
|HP||Esc, F10, F1|
|TOSHIBA||F1, F2, F3|
|SONY||F1, Esc, F12|
|PACKARD BELL||F1, Del|
Enable Intel VT-X/AMD Virtualization on VMware
1. To enable Intel VT-X & AMD virtualization, open VMware and select the virtual machine you want to enable Intel/AMd virtualization for, then click on Edit virtual machine settings.
2. Now select the Processors option and you’ll see the Intel VT-X & AMD Virtualization enabling option beside and mark it if you want. Also, you can let the virtualization engine by default(Automatic), the automatic option uses the three options there when required and disable them when they aren’t needed.
Enable Intel VT-x/AMD Virtualization on VirtualBox
1. Open VirtualBox and select the virtual machine you want to enable Intel-AMD virtualization on and click on Settings.
2. Here, select the System tab and select Acceleration tab then you can see and enable Intel VT-x or AMD virtualization and click Ok.
Ok, that’s it, hope you would not have faced any problem, comment below if you have any problem.