The matter of default app history settings is a common mistake, which we might have done like when you’re in hurry and click on a link, to open that you may have several apps for it, unfortunately, you click on click on one of them and select always to open it with. Later, it may hurt you or may not but of course, you need to manage them yourself, no worries this time also we’ve covered this matter. In this article, I am going to show you how to Clear Default App History or change it in Windows.
Clear Default App History in Windows
1. Go to Control Panel and click on Programs.
2. Now click on Default Programs option and you’ll see the default program options.
3. Here you can set default programs, change default programs or reset to Microsoft defaults, so just click on Set your Default Programs.
4. On this page, just select the program you want to set as default and click on Set this program as default then click Ok. Also you can choose which files type and protocols the selected program opens by default, to do it just click on (choose defaults for this program) and select it yourself.
By selecting this as default, it will open all files types and protocols it can open.
By selecting the program as default, it will open all files types and protocols it can open by default.
5. Ok, now click on Set Associations, here you can choose a file type with the specific program you want to open, to change it just select the file type and click on Change program then select the program, click Ok.
6. When the associations setup, you can also change autoplay settings means what to do with media automatically when attached. To do it just mark (Use AutoPlay for all media and devices) and select what to do with Pictures, Videos, Music, Mixed content of media devices such as: Removable drive, CD, DVD, Memory Card and click Save.
7. It’s time to reset all the default programs you want to reset, to do that just click on Set program access and computer defaults, here you can choose a configuration, to reset just click on Microsoft Windows, it will do reset all defaults as first. Also, you can set Non-Microsoft or custom programs as defaults, to do that just select it and click
Also, you can set Non-Microsoft or custom programs as defaults, to do that just select it and click ok.
Ok, after you’ve done managing click Ok.
That’s all. Found helpful? If yes then give your nice comments here.