Try different passwords to log in to Windows but to no avail? How can I get rid of forgetting Windows password when locked out? Need to help your friend to get in to admin account as he couldn’t remember his password? This tutorial will show you two methods to reset forgotten login password on Windows 10 / 8 / 7.
Method 1: Using Password Reset Disk
With Windows built-in password reset feature, you can create a password reset disk from Control Panel so that you can easily reset a forgotten password when you’re locked out. If you’ve made a password reset disk in advance, follow these steps:
Step 1: After rebooting to Windows login screen, type anything in the password prompt and hit Enter. You’ll get the error message “ The password is incorrect. Try again.”
Step 2: Once clicking OK, you’ll back to the login screen. Now, you can see the “Reset password” link below the password prompt. At this point, insert your password reset disk and click that link.
Step 3: When the Password Reset Wizard opens, click Next.
Step 4: Select the drive letter of your password reset disk and click Next.
Step 5: Type a new password, and type a hint that will remind you of the password if you forget it. Click Next.
Step 6: Click Finish. You can now log in with the new password.
Method 2: Using Password Recovery Tool
Forgot your Windows admin password and you don’t have a password reset disk? If you have lost admin access to your computer, you need to use third-party Windows password recovery tool. PCUnlocker is one of the best tools that can help you bypass, change, reset forgotten passwords of all users on your computer. Here is a walkthrough on using PCUnlocker to reset lost Windows 10 / 8 / 7 password easily:
Step 1: First of all, download the ISO image of PCUnlocker using a working computer. Double-click the just-downloaded .iso file. Windows might start a program that burns it to CD. If you want to create a bootable USB drive, download and install ISO2Disc.
Step 2: After getting PCUnlocker bootable CD ready, insert it into the computer you’re going to access, and boot off the CD. Once loading the compact operating system inside the CD, PCUnlocker will start.
Step 3: Choose your user in the account list, and click on Reset Password. This program will do almost whatever you want: reset forgotten login password, activate your account when it’s disabled or locked, promote the account to an administrator if necessary, etc.
Step 4: Click Restart. You can then sign into that Windows account without a password!
The method of using password reset disk is about as useful as not losing your Windows password because you have to create that disk when you can remember the administrator password. If you forgot to create a password reset disk, PCUnlocker can come into rescue. If you still facing any problem you can drop us comment.
In a network where you’ve Windows and Mac OS and want to share files between them is not an easy task. Therefore, you’ve to configure or enable file sharing on both operating systems then see or manage share files. Most of the people prefer to do it, but might not have succeeded. The way to share files between Mac OS and Windows 10 is similar to sharing files between the same operating system but if a person is not known to one of the OS then, of course, it will be difficult for him to do. In this article, we will learn how to share files between Mac OS and Windows 10, so lets begin.
Share Files From Mac OS to Windows 10
To share files and folders between Mac OS and Windows 10, you need to install any software or use third party tools, just follow the article step by step.
3. Ok, now go to Mac, open System Preferences and click on Sharing.
4. Now turn on file sharing from service and click on + icon and select the folder or files you want to share and click Add.
5. Ok, now that you’ve shared folders, it’s time to access them from windows, to do that go to the Windows PC, open Network and click on Mac computer and enter the Mac’s credentials and click ok.
After clicking ok, you’ll see and manage shared folders like we had shared Myinfo with Karar’s public Folder and we can see them here too.
Share Files From Windows to Mac OS
1. Select a folder on Windows and right-click on it then select Properties and On the folder Properties click on Advanced Sharing.
2. When the Advanced Sharing opened, mark it on and click on Permissions, on the permissions just mark everyone as full control and click Ok.
3. Ok, now that you’ve shared files from Mac OS, its possible now to access them from Mac. To do it go to Home and select Windows PC under shared then click on Connect As and enter your Windows PC credentials then click Connect.
4. When the computer connected, you can see and manage shared files fully.
Finally, you’ve known how to share files between mac os and windows 10. We always require your feedback about our article and never ignore them also we are thankful to those who share their feedbacks.
Android Oreo is the most powerful and latest operating system this year. The OS will be backbone of Android devices which will perform professionally and smartly. With all feedbacks, complaints, and comments, this time the Android has tried to full-fil the needs by update and much improvement on speed, display, power and more. To check out and test the latest Android, you’ll need to download and install it whether on your phone or PC. Like before, the Pixel and Nexus phones are the first flagships to install Android Oreo, while the other Android phones are expected to be next for it. If you don’t own a Pixel or Nexus and can’t wait for the update, then you’re in the right place. In this article, I’m going to show you how to install Android Oreo on PC step by step.
The macOS Sierra released in the market with latest technology and features. Moreover, it helps you rediscover your best photos, work more seamlessly between devices, and free up valuable storage space. It also brings fun new ways to create super expressive messages. And now the files on your Mac are always right at your fingertips — whether you’re on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad. Of course, there are many more features which you would like to try. Also, there are tons of users who are trying to download & install macOS Sierra 10.12 on PC. So in this article, I ‘m going to show you 5 steps to install macOS Sierra on VirtualBox on Windows PC. As there are various ways to get install macOS Sierra, like installing on VMware, VirtualBox, PC and as we covered installing on VMware and this time we are going to install it on VirtualBox, which is amazing. Let’s get started.
When the files downloaded, extract them and get ready for the installation.
Step 2# Create a New Virtual Machine
Now open VirtualBox and click on New or press “Ctrl + N” to create a new virtual machine. On the Virtual Machine page, describe the operating system name, type, version and click Next like the shot below.
Set your 50-60% memory size (RAM) for the virtual machine, as the minimum memory size should be 2GB or more.
On the Hard Disk window, select “Use an existing virtual hard disk file” then choose macOS High Sierra 10.13 extracted file and click open then click Create on the hard disk page.
Step 3#: Setup Secondary Settings
The secondary settings are the followings below:
Setup 50-60% of your PC (RAM)
Increase video memory to 128mb
Step 4#: Add Code to Virtual Machine
After you’ve setup virtual machine thoroughly, now you’re ready to take the next step.
To add code to the virtual machine, copy the code from below and paste it on Wordpad. Now on the VirtualBox, click Settings on the virtual machine, and copy the name from the page and start replacing it with “Your VM Name” instantly like the shot below.
Code for Virtualbox 5.x.x: cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Your VM Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
Now close VirtualBox and open Command Prompt(CMD) as administrator and paste the code below and hit Enter.
When the Command Prompt opened, paste the code below by right click and hit Enter.
Stuck booting up or can’t change the screen or do you have another problem? No matter, here’s the solution, click the link below and try one the solution methods from the list.
Create a Computer Account by filling out the required details and Continue.
The Diagnostics & Usage send usage to Apple, check if you want or uncheck and click Continue.
On this page, enable locations services to let the mac setup according to your region and click Continue.
The excellent Siri is on his way, to check out the great Siri, let the enable siri be checked and hit Continue.
Everything is done! It may take some time to create and setup your account, when finished, you’ll see the official macOS Sierra page on VirtualBox and you’re done.
Ok, that’s all. Hope you could install without any issue and if you got any issue, place it in the comments form. Feel free to share your opinions, thoughts about improvements of our article and website.
Stuck booting up or can’t change the screen or do you have another problem? No matter, here’s the solution, click the link below and try one the solution methods from the list.
The new Windows 10 has been released and created to service well from the previous versions. Unlike windows 7 or 8 it’s going and has been more comfortable and updated overall from every edge, here in Windows 10 when you install it, you don’t find that the drivers? No worries because Windows 10 makes it easier to do it itself automatically, once you’ve arranged or installed Windows 10 updates & drivers you’ll have automatically the device drivers + updates anytime. However, now it’s been updated and you can choose the updates installation and download yourself, you can choose updates installation from two options whether automatic or notify to schedule restart means if you select automatic or the first option, the PC will keep up everything smoothly, on the time when the PC isn’t working, it will install the updates & drivers, but how about the downloading of drivers and updates, are they Windows recommended drivers? Yes, but some of them and some of them aren’t downloaded. To have Windows automatically download recommended drivers and icons you’ve to do the following steps.
What is Driver?
Drivers. A driver is a software that allows your computer to communicate with hardware devices. Without drivers, the devices you connect to your computer—for example, a mouse or external hard drive—won’t work properly. Windows can automatically check if there are drivers available for new devices that you connect to your computer.
Install Windows 10 Updates & Drivers Automatically
Actually, when you’ve recently installed windows 10 you might have noticed that the drivers are missing but you didn’t get them automatically because you haven’t installed the drivers and updates from Windows update and here’s we gonna install Windows 10 updates & drivers now.
1. Open Control Panel from Start Menu by typing it and hitting on it. When the control panel opened, navigate to Hardware & Sound then click on view devices and printers.
2. Now right click on your device (PC or laptop) and select Device installation settings.
3. On the Device installation settings, you’ll be asked if you want to download driver software and realistic icons for your devices that are recommended by windows? select Yes, do this automatically and click Save.
And you’re done! we’ve successfully enabled windows automatically downloading drivers and icons. Now let’s move and download and install the updates and drivers recommended from windows.
To do this go to Settings>Update & Security and click on Check for updates, it will find updates and download them then install.
Notice: Update your device once a week at least because it will solve much problems, refresh and update security and much more.
What if Windows can’t find a driver for your device
It’s best to let Windows install drivers automatically. Occasionally, Windows might not be able to find a driver for your device. If this happens, you might want to check the manufacturer’s website for a driver or update for the device, or try installing any software that came with the device.
And that’s it. Hope it would be informative and helpful if you have any question, suggestion regarding this ask below.
The matter of default app history settings is a common mistake, which we might have done like when you’re in hurry and click on a link, to open that you may have several apps for it, unfortunately, you click on click on one of them and select always to open it with. Later, it may hurt you or may not but of course, you need to manage them yourself, no worries this time also we’ve covered this matter. In this article, I am going to show you how to Clear Default App History or change it in Windows.
Clear Default App History in Windows
1. Go to Control Panel and click on Programs.
2. Now click on Default Programs option and you’ll see the default program options.
3. Here you can set default programs, change default programs or reset to Microsoft defaults, so just click on Set your Default Programs.
4. On this page, just select the program you want to set as default and click on Set this program as default then click Ok. Also you can choose which files type and protocols the selected program opens by default, to do it just click on (choose defaults for this program) and select it yourself.
By selecting this as default, it will open all files types and protocols it can open.
By selecting the program as default, it will open all files types and protocols it can open by default.
5. Ok, now click on Set Associations, here you can choose a file type with the specific program you want to open, to change it just select the file type and click on Change program then select the program, click Ok.
6. When the associations setup, you can also change autoplay settings means what to do with media automatically when attached. To do it just mark (Use AutoPlay for all media and devices) and select what to do with Pictures, Videos, Music, Mixed content of media devices such as: Removable drive, CD, DVD, Memory Card and click Save.
7. It’s time to reset all the default programs you want to reset, to do that just click on Set program access and computer defaults, here you can choose a configuration, to reset just click on Microsoft Windows, it will do reset all defaults as first. Also, you can set Non-Microsoft or custom programs as defaults, to do that just select it and click
Also, you can set Non-Microsoft or custom programs as defaults, to do that just select it and click ok.
Ok, after you’ve done managing click Ok.
That’s all. Found helpful? If yes then give your nice comments here.
Credentials are the security of technology and credentials of the web, windows or any other credentials/passwords are the important piece of every devices and website login. Of course, you don’t want anyone to access these credentials or lose them. So, you need to manage them whether a backup or remove them fully that would be not accessible for others. In order to do these, you don’t need anything to buy or install any software etc due to it’s exactly inside your PC automatically but you don’t know it. In this article I will cover on managing saved credentials in Windows 8 & 10 profile, so let’s move on.
Manage Saved Credentials of Web & Windows
The managing is easy with full personalizing so try to manage fully and let no one reach it.
1. Open Control Panel from run and click on User Accounts.
2. Now click on Credential Manager to see, manage web & windows credentials saved in windows.
3. When entered in Credential Manager, first you’ll see the Web Credentials that consists of your saved logon information for websites, connected applications and networks. So to manage it click on the credential and you can see and remove it, to see just click on Show and you will be asked for windows password, enter it and you will see immediately.
4. Ok, after viewing and managing web credentials, it’s time to manage Windows Credential so click on it and start managing. Here you can find all the credentials of any part of windows you’ve been connected, to manage them just click on the credential and you can edit or remove. Also you can backup or restore credentials.
5. Before removing the credentials, I know that you don’t want them to be lost like this, means you should backup them, to do a backup click on Backup Credentials and when it opened, you will be asked where to save the backup, just click on browse and select a folder and click Next, as Microsoft recommeneds to save it in a removable media instead of saving it in hard disk because this can help you when the hard disk is lost or damaged.
Notice: This backup only includes of Windows Credentials not Web Credentials that saved in your browser.
6. Now press Ctrl+Alt+Del then you will need to enter a password for the credential backup, enter a password and click Next.
Notice: Remember the password you’ve entered, it will be asked when you want to restore credentials.
And that’s it, you’ve successfully backed up and managed saved credentials in your computer click Finish.
After the backup, you can restore it while you’ve lost or damaged, to restore click on Restore Credentials on the Credential Manager page and browse the file, click Next and press Ctrl+Alt+Del then you will be asked for the password, enter the password and click Next then click Finish, it will be restored successfully.
We love to ask you how was it, need your feedback about the article.
The Windows has always been great and connecting all your devices and with Windows 10 it’s going to be further than it. With Windows 10 you can expect to be connected with your phones having any OS whether Android, iOS or Windows phone and this responsibility goes to Phone Companion app built-in in Windows 10.
By using Phone Companion you’ll connect your phone to your Windowseasily and feel like if using your PC like your phone for e.g: If you’re using an iOS device then you can install OneDrive app and won’t miss out any of your files on your Windows 10, it means that if once you’ve installed OneDrive app on your iOS device then, of course, it will sync all the photos to your windows and the same with music and documents. Also, you can do the same with Android and Windows phone, if you’re using Windows phone then you will no need of anything, all the things are included to connect it with PC. So in this article we will take a look at using phone companion app and connecting our phone devices to it, so let’s get started.
Setup & use Phone Companion App in Windows
Before start setting phone companion, you’ll need to sign in with your Microsoft account or you can sign up from here and then sign in to it. When signed in, also, connect your phone device to Windows using it’s USB Cable.
1. Open Start Menu and just click on Phone Companion app right there.
2. When opened, make sure your device is connected and unlocked then choose your phone by clicking on it.
3. After selecting, you will be asked your windows password, enter it and then you’re ready for connecting. Here you can get started with the app you love to connect so to do it just click on the app you want to sync it on your windows. Here I am choosing Photos so you can choose any and follow the steps the same.
4. At this point, you will have to download OneDrive on your iPhone or iPad then you can sync your photos, documents and music. So you can download it from here or App Store.
5. Ok, after the App downloaded on your phone, open OneDrive and sign in with your Microsoft account when got signed in, mark (I’m signed into the OneDrive app on my iPhone or iPad) and click Next.
6. Now it’s time to get turn on camera upload so that the photos can automatically sync, to do it open OneDrive app on your phone and click on Photos and click on Turn on in front of Camera upload like the shot below.
7. Once the Camera Upload turned on, on phone companion mark (I’ve turned on Camera Upload in the OneDrive app on my iPhone or iPad) and click Next.
8. In this step, you don’t need to do almost anything, after turning on Camera Upload, the photos will sync into OneDrive depending on your photos, videos amount, wait until the sync finish and then click Done on the Phone Companion or you can click Done as well before sync finish.
Finally, when the syncing finished, you can have and see your pictures, music and documents on your PC like the shot below.
That’s all about using phone companion also you can use the other features too like Cortana, Groove(music and others like the steps. If you have any question, suggestion or idea we are ready to response. Also, you can share it with your friends to make them known and enjoy this too.
There are different types and ways of backups introduced in Windows 10 as previously we discussed backing up with OneDrive and here we will discuss about file history backup. Reappearing again in windows 10, it is one of the useful and important solutions. File History Settings is a new automated feature for continuously protecting your personal files stored in several key locations. Anytime your personal files change or lost, there will be a copy stored on a dedicated, external storage device of your choice. To set up file history you need the following requirements:
An External Hard Drive: To backup your files using file history settings you need an external hard drive that file history will detect and complete the backup in it.
Enable File History: After enabling file history option, you can remember that my files are backing, but what’s backing? By default, enabling File History will backup only the contents of one drive(C:) but you can change them later and set the timing or do more settings.
Ok, now that you have got this, it’s time to configure file settings in windows, so let’s get started.
Configure & Backup Files using File History
Before getting started, connect the external drive to your computer and make sure its working fine.
1. Open Settings> Update & Security> Backup and click on Add a drive. After clicking, select the external drive you want to backup windows in it.
2. When the automatically backup enabled, click on More options to setup the file history options.
3. Ok, now set the backup options, however, you want like for e.g: the timing and the files versions. Also, you can choose another drive to backup or exclude any folder but remember that you can backup only one drive. To choose another drive to backup just click on Add a folder select the drive and click choose this folder or to exclude any folder scroll down to end the and click on Add a folder and choose the folder.
Notice: The File History Backup can contain only one drive or one drive contents and no more than one drive.
4. Also you can stop using this drive & choose another drive for backup, see advanced options and restore files from a current backup. Ok, after the settings finished, scroll up and click Backup now then wait until the backup finish.
When the backup finished successfully, open file explorer and check the back up on your external device.
Restore Files From Backup using File History
After the backup completed successfully, you are ready for the worst and unfortunaly if you’ve lost your files so you can restore your data with the backup again with the same versions.
1. Goto Settings>Update & Security> Backup>More options and scroll down and click Restore Files from a current backup.
2. When the File History Home window opened, wait a while and then you can see the files you had lost, now browse the file and select the files with versions so to do that: select the file and click on the green restore button to restore the file with that version.
Finally, you’ve got your files from the backup with the latest version you wanted. So this was all about configuring file history or backup & restore using file history, if you have any question or suggestion, feedback share with us freely.