The are several programs for remote desktop and works perfect but while having Remote Desktop in our windows, we don’t need any other extra program to install. Windows Remote Desktop is all better than all software and easy to configure and use it. You can use it everywhere and anytime you want help from someone remotely. Also, if you face any problem so you can solve it with your windows professionally using Remote Assistance when you get stuck or can’t solve any problem. In Remote Assitance, you request or invite your friend or teacher to help you get rid out of any problem. Here in this article, we will discuss both Remote Desktop and Remote Assistant, So let’s get started.
Note: This method works for windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and windows server.
Setup & Use Windows Remote Desktop
1. Enable windows Remote Desktop and Remote assistance: To enable open Control Panel>Windows firewall>Allow an app or feature through windows Firewall then click change settings and enable Remote Desktop & Remote Assistant.
2. Enable Remote Desktop: To enable type Remote Desktop in the windows search box and click on Allow remote access to your computer.
3. Now turn on Allow Remote Assitance connections and Remote connections to this computer then select users and click Ok.
Note: Don’t allow connections only from computers running remote desktop with network level authentication because you may face security problems.
4. Ok all right, the remote desktop has been enabled, now open Remote Desktop than type the another computer name and click connect to start connecting. Also you can set other settings as you want like display, connection, keyboard and many more.
Notice: To connect to a remote computer, make sure that the another computer has enabled remote desktop like the same steps above.
If you don’t know his computer name then ask him or he can do it by opening command prompt(CMD) then type hostname, it will be shown quickly.
5. When you click Connect, you will be asked for username and password of the another computer then type the username and password and click Ok.
Note: Before connecting, make sure that the another computer’s user have password and if it hasn’t then create a password for it otherwise you can’t connect.
After entering the credentials, click Ok and you’re done. You will be successfully connected to another computer and can access all the files and folders etc.
Setup & Use Remote Assistance for help
1. Open Remote Properties: To open type Remote in the windows search box and click on Allow remote access to your computer than enable Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer and click ok.
1. Open Remote Assistant, to open: Type Msra in the windows search box and click on it.
2. Click on Invite someone you trust to help. Here you can also help someone who as invited you.
3. Now click on Use Easy Connect.
4. You will be given a password so to get helped by your friend, now give it to your friend and he should use it to accept with the following steps written below.
Note: You can give it to your friend now and use it quick, it will connect soon.
Finally, your invitation is ready now send it and your friend should accept it. Your friend can accept it with the following steps.
Accept Invitation and Help Your Friend
When the invitation is sent to you by your friend, you can accept it and help him but make sure that you have the invitation file and password.
1. Open the invitation file and enter the password and click ok.
2. Now your friend(invitation sender) need to accept the remote assistance on his computer by clicking on Yes.
You’re all done, after accepting the invitation, the two/both computers will be connected through remote assistance. While using remote assistance you can use chat to talk easily.
That’s all about use remote assistance. If you have any question regarding this use comment form.