Today’s era we’ve got lots of naughty kids around us trying to install any application whether it’s free or not, spending credits in games, Apps or any adult sites and also try to access any unknown or untrusted websites which are very harmful to them, so how to restrict them? Don’t no? Everyone thinks about their kids and want to save them from every bad happening, so this refers to me and I have to guide you how you can setup parental controls on your device and the reason is, I love to make you and others happy from this.
A parent responsibility is to take care of their children and not let them become a gang or any bad guy in a society that it’s a common wish for every parent over the world. Parents do their best for children but sometimes they can’t control their children. A big threat to a child is watching 18+ movies or videos. This watching will effect on his or her mind and it’s very bad for their health.
As last time we had discussed to set parental controls in Windows, so in this chapter, we will take a look at set parental controls and restrict child using the internet.
Setup Parental Controls on Google PlayStore
Setting parental controls of Android, iOS and Windows are one the most important thing to do and many people even my friends want, that’s why I am going to show and do it for you, as we have done in Windows, Android and just remains in iOS, no problem we will discuss that in upcoming articles.
At first, we will set up parental controls on Google PlayStore then move towards other restrictions.
1. Open Google Play Store and Slide from left to the right then tap on Settings.
2. Tap on parental Controls and enable it, then you will be asked to enter a pin in order to change the parental settings later, so to do it, enter a pin and click ok then confirm it.
3. When parental controls enabled, click on Apps & Games and determine your child age to allow him/her up to the level. When specified the age, you will be notified that parental controls restrict purchases or downloads from Google App PlayStore.
Now, it’s done, check out the PlayStore and you will see the contents(Apps) that refer to the child age.
Setup Parental Controls on Apps & Browsing
Now it’s time to setup parental controls on apps & browsing that child like to play with, so to do this we need to install Mobicip on your Android from PlayStore, no need to go to PlayStore you can install it just from here.
1. After installing Mobicip open it and sign up by clicking on Sign up and fill out the blanks with your details.
2. Ok, now sign in with your account and then enter a 4 digit pin to set a passcode for Mobicip lock screen then confirm it and click Setup.
3. At this point, it will ask to allow device administrator to prevent Mobicip from being uninstalled. By activating device administrator will allow Mobicip several operations, you can allow or cancel this but I recommend not activate this due to its not too much necessary.
4. In this page, you will have to enable app blocking and restrictions by clicking on enable.
5. By clicking on enable, you will be redirected and opened to turn on app blocking in accessibility from settings. So, to do that first enable Applock then Mobicip both.
Notice: By enabling Applock, browsing restrictions will be also enabled and no need to do it.
Finally, the Applock and restrictions have enabled successfully. Now give the smartphone to your child and let them browse and play games etc. If he/she browse anything that refers to adults then it will block automatically. Also, Mobicip blocks app which is downloaded from PlayStore or anywhere else from outside.
There is no need to worry now because it blocks every adult or harming app or site. Apps will ask for the pin you had created. Start letting child….
That’s all, this was all about setup parental controls on android devices. Unfortunately, android devices don’t have parental controls by default as iOS have, that’s why I shared this with you.
So if you have any question during this or want to add something, share it by a comment.
3 replies on “How to Setup Parental Controls on Android Devices?”
Do we have parental control as default in ios???
Yes of course bro, we will show that in our upcoming articles.
Tnx zia jan