Every iOS user may know or have experienced this because while using their phone sometimes they forget the passcode then don’t know what to do. As I have experienced it on my iPhone and found it to reset or bypass the passcode hardly. This is really hard to bear and no one wants to be in this situation but if you are in this situation then you’re in the right place. You might be thinking of the some questions, does resetting harm my device? No, resetting doesn’t harm your device, it just restore it to its factory settings. Can I get my files back again after resetting? Unluckily, you can’t get back your files because there’s no any other option to do, you can get your files back if you had already a backup of your phone then you can restore it. Can I backup my device after its locked with a passcode? Actually no, you can’t. The only way is to reset lost passcode of your device, so let’s reset lost passcode of your iPhone.
Reset Lost Passcode of iPhone, iPad or iPod
Step 1. connect the device to your computer through the cable then hold down home button with the power button for 10 or 20 seconds until the device restarts in recovery mode or iTunes logo appears then when the device gets into recovery mode, iTunes will be opened in your computer then click on Restore on the iTunes page.
Note: You need the latest version of iTunes if you have installed it in past then make sure you have updated it, if you don’t have iTunes or the iTunes latest version then click here to get it now.
Step 2. Now select Restore and update to confirm the restoring and updating device.
Step 3. Read all the important information guide carefully then click Agree.
After agreeing, iTunes will start downloading iPhone software, the downloading will take time depending on your connection and wait for the software download completes. You can unplug the device from the computer while downloading the software in iTunes but remember if the download failed due to slow connection or any other issue then you need to restart the downloading.
Note: You can’t restore your device until the software downloading doesn’t finish.
step 4. After the downloading finished, your device will be restored automatically.
Notice: If your device doesn’t restored automatically then restart the device in recovery mode then go to iTunes in your computer then click on Restore>Restore and update and iTunes will start restoring your phone.
Set up iPhone or iPad After Restoring
1. When the device restoring finished, the Hello page will appear on the screen then slide to set up the device.
2. Select a language
3. Select your country or region.
4. Now choose a WiFi network or connect to iTunes if your network is not available.
5. Enter the Apple ID which were used set up the iPad last time then click Next.
6. Click Enable Location services to allow Map, find my iPhone and other services.
7. Create a 4 digit passcode to protect your data from others then re-enter it again.
8. Now choose a backup method or set up as new iPhone.
By restoring, all your personal data and purchased content will appear on your device automatically.
9. To set up as a new iPhone sign in with your Apple ID to access all Apple services then click Next.
10. Read all the terms and conditions carefully then click Agree.
It may take few minutes to set up your device.
11. iCloud keychain keeps your credit card information secure on the devices you approve and they information in your keychain is encrypted and cannot read by Apple, to use this click Use iCloud Security Code or to disable it click Don’t Restore Passwords.
You can turn this on later from Settings if you want.
12. To help Apple improve its products and services automatically, click Send to Apple otherwise click Don’t Send.
To start using your device click Get Started.
Finally, your device has been successfully restored and setup completely.
If you have any question regarding this ask now.
1 reply on “How to Reset Lost Passcode of iPhone or iPad?”
Good i need it thanks