In addition to installing roles and features to server on a network, Server Manager enables you to install roles and features to VHD without accessing to it in an offline state. By using Server Manager, while installing roles and features you can select a server or either Hyper-V virtual hard disk (VHD) that is already installed windows server 2012 or 2016 to install roles and features or remove roles and features without deploying the VM. As before installing roles and features to VHD, we discussed on what’s VHD and how to create and mount VHD/VHDX, here in this article we will discuss based on installing roles and features to Hyper-V VHD in windows server.
Installing Roles and Features to VHD in Windows Server
1. Open Server Manager, click on Manage then click Add Roles and Features.
2. Now read the information about it and make sure you have done the initial tasks then click Next.
3. At this point, let the installation type by default ( Role-based installation) just click Next.
4. On the server selection page, click Select a virtual hard disk and choose the server that should mount the VHD file then click browse and select the VHD that is already installed windows server 2012 or 2016. By selecting the VHD, the Server Manager will mount it and check which roles and features are installed already.
Note: If you’re selecting a VHD file from a network, you must have full control to the VHD.
5. Here, select the roles you want to install or just click Next to continue to features page.
6. Now mark the features you want to install then click Next.
7. The roles and features have added, just click Install to begin the installation.
8. When the installation completed, click Close to dismount the VHD and close the wizard.
The roles and features installation completed successfully on the VHD like the screenshot above, you can also remove roles and features on a VHD from Server Manger using this method, but just select Remove Roles and Features from first.
That’s all about installing roles and features to VHD in Windows Server 2012 or 2016.
Hope you wouldn’t face a problem, if you faced a problem ask through comment.
Installing Roles & Features to VHD – Video Tutorial
A VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) is a file format which represent a virtual disk drive. A VHD can be used to store virtual disk data in files that can be easily transferred from one computer to another. It contains what is found on a physical HDDs such as disk partition and file system. Once they are mounted, you can treat them like physical disks and use them to store data, if they’ll be dismounted the stored data is packaged in the VHD/VHDX so you can copy or move it when needed. When moved to another computer, you can mount VHD and copy or move data from it. So let’s get started.
Create VHD/VHDX in Windows Server
Note: You can create and mount VHD/VHDX using this method on Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and Windows clients such as; Windows 8, 10
Before getting started, plan which drive to use for VHD and VHD size.
1. Open Run(win+r) and type Diskmgmt.msc then hit enter. When the Disk Management opened, click on Action and select Create VHD.
2. Now browse the location you want to locate the VHD and then select a VHD format. Wherever the VHD locates it will take drive space from that drive.
VHD:- The original and more compatible Supports virtual disks up to 2040 GB
VHDX: A new version of the format which supports up to 64 TB but can be read only by computers running windows server 2012 and 2012 R2.
When VHD format selected, select virtual hard disk type from the following and click Ok.
Fixed Size (Recommended): Allocates all the disk space for the VHD/VHDX file at once.
Dynamically Expanding: Allocates disk space to the VHD/VHDX file as you add data to the virtual hard disk.
Ok, when the settings finished click OK and wait some minutes to let the system create the VHD.
Create a Simple Volume to Mount VHD
When the VHD/VHDX created, now mount VHD to make useable store files in it.
1. After the VHD created, it will be uninitialized and offline in disk management console, to mount it: Open Disk Managment and the Initialize Disk window will automatically appear, select a partition style for the disk and click Ok.
Master boot record (MBR) disks use the standard BIOS partition table and can be booted for installing operating system also it can be recognized by previous versions of windows.
GUID partition table (GPT) disks use unified extensible firmware interface (UEFI). One advantage of GPT disks is that you can have more than four partitions on each disk. GPT is also required for disks larger than 2 terabytes. It can’t be recognized by all previous versions of windows.
2. At this point, right click on the disk and choose New Simple Volume, when the volume wizard opened just click Next to continue.
3. Choose a volume size for the virtual disk and click Next.
4. Now assign the folder drive letter and click Next.
6. Review all the settings and click Finish to create a volume successfully and mount the VHD.
The volume has created successfully, now you can store data and copy or move it.
To copy or move the VHD first detach it in your computer from disk management then copy or move it to another place and attach it again to that computer, to detach; Open disk management and click on Action and select detach VHD.
When the Attach virtual hard disk opened, browse the VHD location from your computer and click ok. It will detach the VHD successfully with the data in it.
That’s it. If you’ve any question regarding this ask now through comment.
A Storage Pool is one or more physical, internal, external disks or other various interfaces which extend more than one disk into one or more and create fault tolerance and other features. Windows Server 2016 include tools that enable you to manage disks graphically or from the command prompt easily. By using Server Manager, you can create a storage pool and span multiple disks into one and manage volumes and disks. To create a storage pool, you can set failover clustering or mirror volume to save disk data more secure and manage it easier. So let’s get started.
Create a Storage Pool in Windows Server
In this article, I am going to create a storage pool in Windows server 2016 using VMware. All the disks are logical and working fine as like a physical disk in a computer to work on with storage pool in windows server 2016.
When you added your physical disks, at least, more than one, you can create a storage pool to combine all the disks, from which you can create virtual disks and volume and store data on it.
Before getting started, you must understand file systems and volume types and disk types from which you can choose the one correctly you need if you don’t know it click here to read based on this.
1. To create a storage pool: Open Server Manager, click the Files and Storage Services>Storage Pools and select the server that the disks are located at then click on Tasks>Create New Pool. Here you can also see the virtual disks, physical disks Storage Pools created in the server and manage them, like the screenshot shown below.
Notice: After adding the disks to the server don’t do anything with the disks.
2. Now read the needed information about the storage pool then click Next.
3. Specify a storage pool name with description and click Next.
4. Now select the disks you want to create storage pool also you can select a disk as a hot spare which is for failover clustering/ if a disk fails then the Hot spare disk will work and save the files from being deleted.
Note: If you select a disk for Hot Spare it will not work until a disk stop working and if you select it automatic, it will work and can be stored data on it but can’t work like hot spare saving the data.
5. Confirm all the settings have been done correctly then click Create.
6. The new storage pool has successfully completed, now click create a virtual disk when this wizard closes to create a virtual diskafter this wizardand click Close.
Create a Virtual Disk for Storage Pool
After creating the storage pool now start creating a virtual disk for the pool you had created.
1. When the storage pool wizard finishes, just mark the create a virtual disk option to create a virtual disk after this wizard.
When the virtual disk wizard opened, read the details about it then click Next.
2. Select the storage pool to create a virtual disk, if it’s selected automatically just click Next.
3. Specify the virtual disk name and click Next.
4. At this step, you don’t do anything just click Next.
5. Select a storage layout/style you need then click Next. If you don’t know the definition, select the one and read the explanation beside it.
6. Select a provisioning type then click Next. The thin option uses space from the storage pool as needed, up to volume size and the fixed option uses from the storage pool equal to the volume size.
7. Specify the size of the virtual disk or select maximum size then click Next. If you specify the size the remaining size will be offline and not used and if you select the maximum size it will select all the size of the storage pool.
8. At this point, check all the configuration you’ve done and click Create to start the process.
9. Now the wizard has accomplished successfully and the new virtual disk has created, mark the create a volume when this wizard closes and click Close.
Create a Volume for the Virtual Disk
1. After creating the virtual disk, mark the Create a volume when this wizard closes then click Close.
When the new volume wizard opened, read the required information about it then click Next.
2. Select the server and disk you want to create volume for, if it’s selected automatically just click Next.
3. Specify the size of the disk, or let it by default then click Next. If the volume size will be specified, the remaining size will be offline and unused, it can be configured separately from it.
4. Select a drive letter or folder to assign then click Next.
5. Select the file system like NTFS then type a volume name or you can let it by default then click Next.
6. Notice that all the settings have done correctly and click Create.
7. The volume has created successfully click Close and start using the storage pool.
The storage pool and the disks have now been successfully created and ready to use, like the screenshot.
To create a new storage pool again, follow the steps above, to delete any storage pool just right click on it under the windows storage then select delete.
That’s it. If you have any question regarding this ask now.
A ringtone is a sound made by a mobile phone when an incoming call is received. A phone without a ringtone is not a phone because when someone calls you if it doesn’t ring so, how can you notice that someone called you. There are bundles of ringtone on any mobile phone from a simple phone to a complicated smartphone. So, a ringtone is necessary for a mobile phone.
Mostly some mobile phone doesn’t contain an option to set a custom ringtone. For instance iPhone. It has got many awesome and awful ringtones but the reason is: you like it or not. So, If you don’t like the ringtone of your iPhone or if you are tired of its ringtone because of ringing the same ringtone again and again then you have the option to create your own and change it to your own favorite song as a ringtone. Many users have these problems and can’t do, but if you want to set a custom ringtone for your iPhone iPad or iPod then you’re in the right place, start following now and create your known ringtone.
You can set any of your favorite song for the ringtone it’s the only simple way to personalize your iPhone. So let’s do it.
Set a Custom Ringtone for iPhone
To set a custom ringtone, it requires the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC and the USB cable of your iPhone.
Step 1: Choose your favorite Mp3 or Mp4 file and drop it on the iTunes then right click on it then click Get Info.
Step 2: Go to options mark start and stop and edit the timing, determine the duration into (30,40,45) seconds and click Ok.
Step 3: Right click on song then click on “Create AAC Version.
When it is created right click on that then click on “Show in windows explorer“.
Step 4: Now change the type of song, change “a” into “r“. Like by default its M4a so change it to M4r then drop your song in iTunes and connect your iPhone and sync it from Tones.
Notice: It won’t change or make any effect to the original song in the computer.
Step 5: And you’re done, now go to Settings>Sounds>Ringtone>Select your new custom ringtone and enjoy.
We provide best of the best, our aim is to fulfill your wish. Don’t forget to follow as on social medias and give your suggestion, objection and everything you want, ask us.
Rooting is the process of allowing users to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized applications that require administrator permissions or perform other operations that aren’t accessible in a normal Android user. For most of the users rooting is difficult and get sucked in many problems even sometimes they lose their files or destroy the phone. There are different ways to root your android device using softwares or with computer but in this guide we will show you how to root android device step by step.
Before start rooting, download the root files from Samsung Root file and extract them on your computer.
Notice: Before rooting, perform a full backup of your device .
Step #1. Go to Settings>About Device>Tap 7 times Build Number,when the developer mode enabled goto Developer Options> Mark USB debugging.
Step #2. Now turn off your device completely, then hold down Power button, Home button, Volume down, simultaneously, when the phone screen appears press volume up to continue, it will enter the phone in downloading mode.
Step #3. Connect your device to your computer with USB cable and open Odin click on PDA and browse the CF-Auto-root or Samsung GalaxyS3US Canada and then click Start.
Note: If the CF-Auto-Root or Samsung GalaxyS3US Canada auto root doesn’t work then find the file .tars for your device model from here.
Note: You should see the yellow colour option in the ID:Com, if you don’t see install the Samsung USB driver in your computer.
Step #4. When the Process completed successfully, then your device will restart. After restarting, your device will be rooted successfully and you can find SuperSU app.
To check the device if rooted go to Playstore>Download Root Checker and open it then click Verify Root, it will check and verify the system and show the results on the screen.
That’s it. If you have any question regarding this feel free to ask.
Installing an operating system is easy task to do, but before installing you need a USB or DVD drive. It’s important to have to do installation. Many users get stucked in this situation but don’t worry here its easy to do with the following steps.
To install an operating system on a PC which is installed windows or any other operating system is something hard to do as well its a bit confusing on how to create bootable USB drive for e.g; if you want to install Ubuntu on a windows then you have to create a USB drive in Ubuntu or if you want to install Windows on a Mac then you have to create a bootable USB drive in Mac and then install it. It’s different and difficult to do in your operating system. However, there are different ways to create bootable USB drive in your operating system but here in this guide, we will show you how to do it easily by the following procedure.
The Active Directory Domain Services is the feature of creating domain and managing it, but it’s never had been easy to do in a new platform due to many changes or having no experience of it. Surely you need some steps to follow to install and configure Active Directory Domain Services(ADDS) fully by following up the steps here. No matter if you have installed your server now or if you are doing it on a VM machine you can do it now, so let’s get started.
Install Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
To get started, first you have to install it then setup a domain controller.
Before starting, make sure that you have renamed the server properly and have given static IP address to it. If you don’t know how to do it then see the instructions below.
To setup static IP address open Run (Windows + r) type Ncpa.cpl and hit enter, when the Network Connections opened select the network and right click on it choose Properties. Now select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click on Properties.
When the window appears, select Use the following IPaddress then enter an IP address, Subnet mask, Preferred DNS server addresses and click ok.
1. Now to install AD DSopen Server Manager and click on Add Roles and features.
2. Read the important notes and click Next to verify and continue the installation.
3. Herelet the Role-based be selected, just click Next.
4. Select the server you want to install AD on it then click Next.
5. Now select Active Directory Domain Services then click Add Features to include the required features within AD and click Next.
While installing AD it will install some other features with it such as:
File Replication Services
6. Leave the features window by default and click Next.
7. Read all the info about the AD and click Next.
8. Now the ADDS is ready to install, click Install to begin the installation.
9. Wait for the installation to complete, then click on Promote this server to a domain controller.
Configure Server to Domain Controller
1. When the window opened click on Promote this server to a domain controller, now click on Add a new forest then type the domain name in the Root domain name blank and click Next.
2. Let the Domain Controller options be by default and type a password for DSRM then click Next.
Notice: Set the Forest functional level the highest so your environment can support and make sure that all the domain controller are supported with that operating system.
3. Ignore the DNS delegation warning because its due to not installed DNS server on the server, and click Next.
4. Now verify the NetBIOS name and change it if necessary then click Next.
Note: NetBIOS name is a Network Basic Input/output system that allow applications on separate computers to communicate over a local network and can be required by some applications and network devices.
5. Specify the location of AD DS database, log files, SYSVOL and change it if necessary then click Next.
6. Now review all the configuration you’ve done then click Next.
7. The configuration is done now, click Install to begin the installation and ignore the warnings.
Note: It will install DNS role too.
After installing the system will reboot automatically, when the system restarted the domain will work successfully and you can log in and see the domain features.
That’s all. If you have any question regarding this feel free to ask us.
A password is the essentials of security for securing from all expected and unexpected happenings. While in Windows, you should protect your computer by locking it with a password. To do that so, you have to create a secure password to be well secured, but if you’ve done that before and now forgotten Windows password. Here in this guide, we will show you how to reset forgotten windows server password in some easy steps.
Notice: This guide works for all version of Windows such as Windows 7/vista, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016.
Reset Forgotten Windows Server 2016
1. Boot your system using bootable USB or CD/DVD, when the page appears just press Shift+F10 to open cmd (Command Prompt). If you don’t know how to boot then read the instruction below.
To Boot: Insert the USB or CD/DVD drive in the system and restart the computer, when the screen appears press F12 or press BIOS button and select the bootable device by pressing enter.
2. Now type D: then CD Windows\System32 to make changes to the computer with full system permission.
Note: If the D: drive wasn’t the root directory then type fsutil fsinfo drives to list all the drives on the system then select another drive.
3. Here you have to change the utility manager to cmd by typing:
Ren utilman.exe utilman.exe.old
Copy cmd.exe utilman.exe
Shutdown -r -t 0
When the commands finished, your computer will restart. While restarting, don’t boot Windows, let it start normally.
Reset User Password
4. When the windows started normally, on the sign in page, click on the utility manager or press ( + u ) to open Command Prompt (cmd). Here you can create a new admin user or change your user password, to reset your password and change it type:
Net user [username] *
Your password has successfully reset, and now you can log in with your new password.
Notice: When the password reset finished, reserve them back because if you don’t then anyone can reset the admin password.
Now to reserve the changes, boot Windows using USB or DVD device then press Shift+F10 and type:
Ren utilman.exe utilman.exe.new
Ren utilman.exe.old utilman.exe
Shutdown -r -t 0
When the system restarted, check the utility manager and it will work.
That’s all if you have any question regarding this feel free to ask now.
A bonus tip: If you want to get easier and speedier login in every time, try adding a pin to your account despite your password. On the login page, you could log in with your pin or password.
Battery life is a major problem to all of us and matters a lot, as Apple has added low power mode newly in iPhone that we discussed before was to save more battery life. As much we care but again we can’t save battery life. There are several ways to save your iPhone or iPad battery life for a long time and increase battery lifetime but here in this guide, we will show how to do it without any app just by some great tips, no matter if your phone is new or old and you can do it anytime. By using the following steps, you can save your iPhone or iPad battery life within a minute so let’s start.
Notice: You can do these steps in iPhone, iPad, iPod or any other iOS device any version running to save battery life.
Save Your iPhone or iPad Battery life
#1. Turn off vibration and flashlight
While turning vibration and flashlight on, you can’t save battery it so first you have to turn off vibration and flashlight for notifying about calls, messages and other notifying apps. It’s great to do but spends more battery so try to turn it off when not important.
To turn off Flashlight Notification and Ringing: Goto Settings>General>Accessibility>Turn off LED Flash for Alerts
To turn off vibration on Ring and Silent: Goto Settings>Sounds>Turn off Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent
#2. Keep out of using unnecessary features when you don’t need
If you’re not using any item or they seems to be unimportant at the time like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, flashlight or volume up and other features then turn them off to save more battery life and let live longer. This can increase or save your iPhone or iPad battery life a lot because these items are the most useful.
#3. Adjust & Disable Auto Brightness
Every time when you turn on and use your smartphone then auto brightness lightens more than enough even when it’s not necessary, it also so to save more battery life and increase battery life you should turn it off and dim your screen brightness.
To turn off Auto Brightness: Go to Settings>Display & Brightness> Adjust brightness and turn off auto brightness.
#4. Disable Location Services
Whenever location services are on, they income and out information about location but most of the times we don’t need it, or for specific apps so it effects and decreases battery charge more so it’s better to turn it off or disable it for the specific apps which don’t need location services.
To Disable Location Services: Goto Settings>Privacy>Turn off Location Services
#5. Manage Screen Timeout
Most of the phones are on after not using them like; when you are done using it then you might put it somewhere without turning it off, after that it will be on till 15 or 30 minutes or never, this can spend battery the most. You should make it less it as much as possible to save battery life more. It not only decrease charge but also affects battery life the most.
To Manage Screen Timeout: Goto Settings>General>Auto-lock >Select 30 Seconds or 1 minute.
As Apple has added low power mode in the iPhones for users to get out of low battery or battery life out the disease. It’s one of the best ways to help battery optimized due to it disables multi-tasks or heavy and unnecessary things. You can take help of it for your phone charge by turning it on from here.
#7. Turn off Background App Refresh
By turning off background app refresh, it will extend battery on your iPhone because it refreshes all the apps even when they aren’t open so it exactly decreases battery energy. You can turn it off for specific applications to manage more sensitively. Don’t worry it will just stop refreshing them not stop them from working or any other thing and the apps will work fine but just will be refreshed once you open them.
To turn off Background App Refresh: Goto Settings>General>Backgroud App Refresh> Turn off all or turn off for the specific Applications.
#8. Stop Running not using Apps
This situation happens to all users, when you’re not using an app then you just press the Home button and get out of it but that’s just getting out of it and don’t remove it from the background so it remains there and decreases the battery charge and battery life for a long time, your phone has the option to clean them from background see below to do it.
To stop running not using Apps: Just press twice the Home button then clean them by sliding up.
#9. Turn off Cellular Data and Wi-Fi Hotspot
Now you have to turn off cellular data and Wi-Fi Hotspot, this two are the heaviest features that decrease battery life and charge quickly even you can’t imagine. In order to save more battery life and charge turn off both of them to save battery life the most.
To turn off Cellular Data: Goto Settings>Mobile>Turn off Mobile Data/cellular Data (by turning this off it will turn off Wi-Fi Hotspot too.
#10. Sign Out of iCloud
when you have enabled iCloud in your device, it will store data in it and every time you do something it will be stored on it, by enabling this, it will decrease battery lifetime and charge because when you do something it will store it even when the phone is locked and slept so make sure to turn it off or turn off the specific feature from it.
To sign out iCloud: Goto Settings>iCloud>Sign out or disable for specific features you want.
This was all about tips to save your iPhone or iPad Battery life and I would recommend you to use the steps above and save your battery charge and energy both. If you have any questions regarding this ask using comment form.