Lost your phone? It’s time to find out where your lost phone is. As you’ve seen that Android doesn’t come with a Find my Mobile feature but if you have noticed that iPhone got one and that is Find my iPhone. There is no official way to track your Android phone if you lose it. This is something natural that we’ve all lost our phone, sometimes in our home, sometimes in office, sometimes in the car and sometimes out in the wild unknown but sometimes it may be stolen by someone or your friend taking that and lose it. If your phone got stolen don’t be hopeless because there is still hope for your phone to find it back to you.
Locate Your Lost Android Phone via Find My Mobile
If you’ve lost your Android device, you can use Android Device Manager to find its approximate location on a map and when it was last used. When Android Device Manager locates your device, that device will get a notification. The Android Device Manager is a Google’s official feature that can make the way very easy and sharp to track your lost Android phone in everywhere. There is no installation requirement for tracking your phone. You can directly get access through a browser.
- Make sure your device’s location is on.
- Be signed into your Google account.
- Your device must be turned on.
- Your device must be connected to a mobile data or wifi connection.
These four things are necessary otherwise, the Android Device Manger won’t be able to track your phone.
using Android Device Manager
There are a few steps that you should do that on your phone when you had access to it before losing. Go to Google settings app on your Android phone then come to the Security, make sure that Remotely locate this device and Allow remote lock and erase are on.
Ok, now turn on a PC, open up a browser then type www.google.com/android/devicemanager and log in with your Google account. When logged in you’ll find and see the below items with the functionalities.
- Location: When you got in there then the Android Device Manager will automatically find out your phone on the map if don’t then click on Location sign, it’ll start searching. It not only find the location but also find the name of the place and the last used.
- Lock: If your phone got stolen or lost or you are thinking that some have got access to it and taking your data, so do a favor, lock your phone by changing the code.
- Ring: If you are thinking your phone is at home and don’t know where you put it so make a ring, it’ll be finding out.
- Erase: While you think your device never get back to with lots of file and data and not letting other to get access to your data so, on that time you can easily erase all of them.
When you’ve find your mobile you can share it too to let your friends and relatives be known of it and they will thank you later. If you’ve any problem, suggestion or idea take it to us and we’ll try to solve it.