As a movie fanatic or a vlogger, you must have tons of digital movies and selfshot themed videos piled up in your iPhone/iPad, waiting for a rewatch, post-processing and sharing. People wow at your marvelous collections pocketing everywhere you go, but only you know the headache of iPhone video back up & transfer caused by iTunes.
Due to its complex interface and the vagaries of its syncing logic, iTunes has made selectively transfer and backup iPhone video a more tiresome process than it needs to be. Here is a list of what makes iPhone video syncing with iTunes an irritating thing:
- An iPhone can be synced with only one iTunes library at a time, which means if your iPhone is associated to another iTunes library, the later will overwrite or replace the movies, music, TV shows and other content on your iPhone.
- If you delete a movie from iTunes library, it will apply the change to EVERY device that synchronizes with this iTunes.
- It only supports iOS-friendly format and cannot auto compress 4K movie with no quality loss.
- Your movie purchases are still not yours. iTunes purchased movie/music videos are kept locked from exporting to non-iOS devices for playback and backup.
- iTunes backup encryption only applies to full backup files.
It’s hard not to swear when you are fiddling with iTunes and end up resorting to Google for every suspicious warning it throws at us, and that’s where DearMob iPhone Manager comes to rescue.
Thanks to its minimalist design, all the features of this iPhone Manager are laid out on the interface for you to understand at a glance.
With its intelligent two-way transferring solution, syncing movies from iPhone to PC and vice versa become easy tasks, since DearMob converts and compresses. You can import videos in ANY FORMAT without worrying about format/codec incompatibility or falling into storage panic caused by oversized movies. You can also export and backup as many movies from iPhone to PC as you like, even those DRM locked ones.
Bonus: DearMob is equipped with a built-in encryption utility to password-protect your sensitive files including videos. With these robust military grade encryption algorithms, you movies stay private and confidential against any possible disclosure.
Transfer and backup iPhone video are made safe and simple with DearMob iPhone Manager, and you can go visit their official page to get the early bird giveaway offer. It runs on windows and Mac.
How to Sync/ Transfer Movie from PC to iPhone without iTunes
Let’s see what happens when you want to import movie from PC to iPhone using iTunes:
- Go to “Files”—“Add File to Library”—Choose movies and click “Open”—Go to device—movies—sync movies. What’s worse: you cannot select which movie to sync, but only compromise to sync all or 1, 3, 5, 10 most recent movies.
What happens using DearMob iPhone Manager:
- Go to “Video”— Add Video (or drag & drop) —Click “Sync” and it’s done.
- Click “convert” button should it appears on your video thumbnail to get apple compatible format.
- UHD videos over 1GB will be compressed automatically by 40% to rationalize your iPhone iPad storage with no quality loss.
- If you cannot find imported videos and movies the TV app library, go purchase or download a free trailer from iTunes store as a way to trigger “TV Shows” or “Home Videos” and “Downloaded” entries to be shown.
How to Export/Backup videos from iPhone/iPad to PC
DearMob offers you customized options to export and backup videos from iPhone to PC. It’s your choice to: 1. selectively transfer movies from iPhone to PC or get a copy on external hard drive; 2. export and backup iPhone movie with encryption to keep your sensitive files private; 3. give your iPhone a full backup to secure all the iOS data including movies and torrents stored in any apps.
How to Selectively Backup iPhone Video on Windows/Mac
Forget about iTunes if you want to export your DRM movies from iPhone to PC or if you are in need of selectively exporting your movie collections, there is no luck. But it’s not a “Mission Impossible” with DearMob. Follow these steps to nail it:
- Inside “Video” feature, browsing by switching entry at left column and select videos you prefer a copy.
- Click Export and you will have a copy on your local drive. (Click “decode” to unlock DRM movie should any prompt appears after exporting.)
Tip: If you are using a torrent client on iPhone, movies thus downloaded might be found in file shared app such as VLC. Go “Files” or “App” in DearMob iPhone Manager to export these movies
Backup iPhone Movie/video with Encryption: get the job done while exporting
Having X-rated movies accidentally clicked open by your child on a shared family PC must be one of the most awkward moments. This is totally avoidable if you choose to export movie with encryption. Follow these steps to shelter your movie and other sensitive files under the umbrella of DearMob’s military grade encryption algorithms:
- Choose the video you want to export and tick “Export with Encryption”.
- Set a password, then you will get a “*.DEARMOB” format file that no one can watch or crack open unless you decrypt the file with that password.
Tip: Click “Data security” on the main interface and go to Data decryption to add your “*.DEARMOB” file and decrypt it with the password.
Give Your iPhone a Full Backup and Restore It to another iPhone in a Hassle-free Manner
A full backup of your iPhone saves you from troublesome scenarios should your phone get lost, broken, or replaced by a new iPhone. If we keep a backup file, we keep all the movies, torrents and funny videos recorded on the device there intact, especially if you are a torrent lover and boast of tons of movies downloaded with torrent clients on iPhone while apps that store your treasures refuse to share file.
Steps? It’s truly a 1-click backup:
Go to “Backup” and click “Back UP Now”, you will be all set.
- Tick “encrypt your backup” to set password, and use it when restoring.
- Find backup files in “Restore backup files” tab
We hope you find solutions here to backup iPhone video to PC or to transfer video without iTunes. In case you need other file management utilities for iPhone such as transferring photo and music, making ringtones, backup iPhone messages, contacts and more, do try out DearMob iPhone Manager with all these features built-in. It supports from iOS 7 to the latest iOS 12.