Installing an operating system is easy task to do, but before installing you need a USB or DVD drive. It’s important to have to do installation. Many users get stucked in this situation but don’t worry here its easy to do with the following steps.
To install an operating system on a PC which is installed windows or any other operating system is something hard to do as well its a bit confusing on how to create bootable USB drive for e.g; if you want to install Ubuntu on a windows then you have to create a USB drive in Ubuntu or if you want to install Windows on a Mac then you have to create a bootable USB drive in Mac and then install it. It’s different and difficult to do in your operating system. However, there are different ways to create bootable USB drive in your operating system but here in this guide, we will show you how to do it easily by the following procedure.
Create Bootable USB Stick in Windows
To create bootable USB drive for windows, make sure that your USB/DVD is at least 8GB or larger and working fine. You can also do it from our previous article based on How to Create Bootable USB Stick in Windows 7, 8 and 10?
Before start creating bootable USB stick download and install the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool, also you should have the Windows ISO image you want to install.
1. Insert the USB stick and open Windows USB/DVD Download Tool, browse the ISO file/source file and click Next.
2. Now choose the media type you want to create bootable whether USB device or DVD.
3. Specify if your USB or DVD is selected if it isn’t click the refresh tab and choose then click Begin copying.
When the copying process started, wait some minutes to let it complete. When the wizard completed close the wizard and your USB drive will be ready to use for installing the windows.
Note: While copying the files don’t take out the USB or turn off your PC otherwise your flash drive will be destroyed.
Create a Bootable USB Stick in Mac OS
To create bootable USB stick on Mac OS make sure that the USB drive is at least 8GB or larger and working fine.
Before start creating bootable download and install Diskmaker X and make sure that you have the Mac OS ISO image file you’re going to install.
1. Open DiskMaker X and choose the Mac OS edition you want to make USB bootable.
2. Now click on Select an OS X Installation and browse the ISO image file of the Mac OS.
3. Select the disk you want to make bootable, an 8 GB USB thumb drive or another kind of disk such as DVD or Memory.
4. Select the disk you want to make bootable and click Choose this disk.
5. Click Erase then create the disk to format the drive.
6. Click Continue to let the Mac ask for administrator privileges.
7. Wait for serveral minutes until the login page appears then login in it and click ok. It will take about 20 minutes to complete and when it completed just quit the page and restart your Mac.
After restarting your USB flash drive will be bootable successfully and you can use it to install Mac on any PC.
Create a Bootable USB Stick in Ubuntu/Linux
To create bootable USB stick on Ubuntu/Linux make sure that the USB drive is at least 8GB or larger and working fine.
Before start creating bootable, make sure that you have the ISO image file of the Ubuntu or Linux you want to install.
1. Insert the USB drive and open Startup Disk Creator.
2. Now click other and choose the ISO image file and click Make startup disk.
After copying the files, the USB will be bootable successfully and ready to use.
That’s all, if you have any question regarding this ask now.