Security has been always a problem in every windows, especially in Windows 10. But don’t worry, this time, Microsoft Windows 10 is far more effective than its past versions when it comes to protecting your computers from malware or threats with Windows Defender. As you may know, Windows Defender is an application which helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance and security threats that are caused by spyware and other malware and it has been more updated and sensitive. So in this article, we will discuss based on how to configure Windows Defender in Windows, no matter if you are using windows 8.
As Windows Defender has been from past versions of windows, starting from windows 8 until Windows 10. In Windows 10 it has been updated and became more fundamental in resisting malware and phishing attacks. Windows Defender is full-featured security solution and capable detecting all viruses of malicious software, whenever a malware is found it will automatically remove it. It also prevents rootkits that try to infect third-party boot drivers. Windows Defender is automatically updating and giving message when required to do like the shot below.
This feature includes in windows 10 and it’s more effective to stop malicious code from running. SmartScreen checks any executable file when it run. If it is marked to be from online source then it will be checked against Microsoft application reputation database. When the apps are checked, it will be allowed or blocked.
If you faced the same error then you should check the app fully and make sure that the app isn’t having malware or virus then start the app, when the windows smart screen appears click on more info then click Run anyway.
Configure Windows Defender to Protect from Malware
Now that you’ve known Windows Defender and SmartScreen, we will begin to turn on Windows Defender and start using it. So let’s get started.
1. Open start menu and click Settings or press (Windows key+I) then click on Update & Security.
2. Now click on Windows Defender and turn on Real-time Protection, Cloud-based Protection and Sample Submission. When these options are turned on, Windows Defender will work correctly and remove malware found on your computer. Also, the problems will be sent to Microsoft so that the security would be better and faster from before.
Ok, now it’s done but remember Windows Defender won’t scan deleted files to do that just scroll down from here and click add an exclusion and select the excluded files.
Turn off or Disable Windows Defender
If you want to disable Windows Defender and install an antivirus so you no need to do this, you can do this just by installing the antivirus it will automatically be turned off otherwise it will be on or you can just turn off Windows Defender from Group Policy.
1. Open start menu by pressing windows key and type Gpedit.msc and hit enter.
2. When the group policy opened, go to Computer Managment>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Windows Defender and find out Turn off Windows Defender, which will be not configured.
3. At this point, click on Turn off Windows Defender and click Enabled then click Ok.
The Windows Defender have now successfully disabled if you want to turn on first set Turn off Windows Defender to not configured then turn on Windows Defender.
Ok, that’s all about configuring windows defender, you can do this on any editions of windows 10 or 8.
And don’t forget to give your ideas and share with friends, they will thank you for this.