Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) is the leading telecommunication authority in Pakistan which provides telephone and internet service to public. Every person who has the internet has PTCL DSL modem, which needs to be configured sometimes by ourselves that it no needs to be brought to the PTCL office. You can configure it yourself at home without any problem and many people have experienced this configuration problem but till now they don’t now how to do it.
In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to configure PTCL DSL Modem Internet settings easily step by step, no matter if you don’t know it.
Configure PTCL DSL Modem settings
Before starting, make sure that you know your PPP username with Password of your DSL modem, if you don’t know it then call to 1218 and get it from him.
1. Connect your PC to modem with cable then open Cmd (command prompt) then type IPconfig, it will show you the Default Gateway of your modem means that it will give you the IP address of your modem to access it from your browser.
2. Copy this from here and paste it in your browser(Google chrome) then hit enter. You will need to login in the modem, enter the username with password type Admin in the username and type the password of modem.
Note: If you don’t know the password of the modem then you can find it at the back of your modem in front of admin password option.
2. After you logged in, then here you will find your modem details such as; connection status, username and password, WiFi name and password etc but you have to tap on Advanced.
3. Now you are in advanced click on Advanced setup>Wan service here you can find your WAN connection mark the remove box then tap Remove.
4. Tap on Add then you will see the configuration page, select atm2/(0_0_103) then click Next.
5. Click Next.
6. Enter your PPP username and password that you had asked from 1218/ptcl then click Next.
7. Tap Next.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Apply/Save to save the configuration.
The configuration has finished successfully, wait about 1 minute that the PTCL DSL modem to let the modem settings be finished itself then you will see the modem internet light will be on and you will have internet.
Hope it was helpful and informative.
If you have any question about this comment here.
9 replies on “How to Configure PTCL DSL Modem Settings?”
that was work-full.
Article is good, but photos are big enough with extra free space.
I will try to fix it.
Thanks Mr.karar it was so help full for me.
Information was enough Good But try to define the information in easy words.
How to select atm2(0_0_103) its not showing on my list. ?
Please refresh or try later, it will work 100%.
Its good article, thanks for posting…let me add that configuration 0.0.103 is for copper line and 0.8.81 is for optical fiber connections…. these days ptcl is already switched over to fiber network so to be on safe side you should add both profiles.
thanks buddy really helpful 🙂