Do you want to backup Windows 10 to make secure your files? If Yes, then you’re in the right place. In this article, I will discuss on how to backup Windows 10 files with OneDrive. There are different ways to backup but according to me this is the easiest and most comfortable solution to do. No matter, If you haven’t used OneDrive before let’s get started.
What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is free online storage that comes with Microsoft account and is available is Windows 8 and Windows 10. You can store any kind of files and access them from anywhere any platform. OneDrive not only stands alone but also you can use office beside it like: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote.
How much storage does OneDrive offer?
OneDrive storage plans and productivity has changed on November 15. Here are the following changes made by OneDrive:
- No longer planning offer unlimited storage to Office 365 subscribers, those subscriptions will include 1 TB of OneDrive storage.
- 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
- Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued.
The current users have 12 months increased storage after that your plan will be changed according to it, only just the storage plans such as 100GB or 200GB won’t be affected by these changes.
Finally, a new user will have only 5GB and to get more storage see the plans & subscriptions.
Why use OneDrive?
As storage was a matter to share files, transfer from one device to another or backup to external drives. No worries, now storage becomes more affordable, cloud storage becomes an easy backup solution. The main thing to use OneDrive is it works on different platforms, can be accessed from anywhere, no need to worry for losing and works like the services you already have used like Windows, Outlook, Office and more.
Backup Windows 10 with OneDrive
1. Open start menu by pressing Windows key and click on All Apps, then click on OneDrive.
2. When OneDrive opened, click on Sign in.
3. Now enter your Microsoft account and click Sign in.
4. Ok, now the OneDrive folder has created, (you can change it by just clicking on Change location and select a place and click Next to go on.
5. The OneDrive have created and you can sync all files and folders in your OneDrive now or later( you can get them when you’re offline, so just click Next to continue.
6. Finally, your OneDrive is ready to use just click to open your OneDrive folder.
The OneDrive has been setup successfully, now it’s time to backup files so to do it, open File Explorer click on OneDrive, you will see it empty so to add files just copy from anywhere and paste in it, when the files copied then you can access them online anywhere and share them with others.
Note: OneDrive can sync only with folders on a drive formatted with the NTFS file system, which is most commonly a hard disk drive on your computer, or an external hard disk drive. Portable storage, such as USB flash drives or solid state memory drives, use a different file system and won’t sync with OneDrive.
If you doesn’t had any access to your devices then no matter again you can do them all from OneDrive.com online.
You can backup windows 10 like: add, remove or share files or folders, and use office online. So start using now OneDrive just from here.
To share a file or folder, sign in to OneDrive.com and select the file then click share also you can do it from OneDrive folder in file explorer.
That’s all. If you have any question or suggestion regarding this, don’t forget to tell us.